GENERAL: Please exhibit good sportsmanship at all times. Show respect when crossing the end of a court by yielding to play. Introduce yourself to start play and shake hands (knock elbows, whatever) upon completion. Show respect to the game: give best effort at all times, even when playing in a mixed skill-level game. Please observe basic code of conduct:
● Play fairly and follow the rules and regulations; on in/out calls player closest to the bird makes the call (opponents and spectators should remain quiet), on ‘no call’ point goes to the opponent
● Demonstrate good sportsmanship before, during, and after games, and in the waiting area
● Be courteous and treat all players, members, guests, and games with respect; refrain from profanity, arguing, and demeaning language at all times
● Absolutely: no unsolicited coaching or criticism; if a player wants coaching or advice he/she will ask for it
● Upon completing your game, exit the court smartly to minimize wait time for players on the bench; waiting players, be alert to courts freeing up
MEMBER’S GUEST PRIVILEGES: Members can invite guests, one visit per guest, for $5.
NON-PLAYERS: Members may invite family members and kids; they are your responsibility. Non-players should not be in the gym.
ATTIRE: A designated pair of court shoes with a gum or non-marking sole must be worn (no black soles). Protective badminton goggles are strongly recommended. During inclement weather, please change into your designated court shoes before entering the gym.
FOOD: Food allowed in the atrium only; no food in the gym, no exceptions. Please clean up your own mess, including water spills.
FEATHER BIRDS: The club provides nylon shuttles. You are welcome to bring your own feather shuttles and use them if all members of your game approve.
BADMINTON STRINGS: If you break your badminton strings you can take your badminton racket to Li-Ning Badminton Superstore and they will re-string your racket with your choice of Li-Ning badminton strings. The service is usually performed with 24 hours and the expert staff will help you with your badminton string model and even the colour.